The admission to under-graduate courses is offered strictly in accordance with the statutes laid down by the University of Kashmir and the guidelines set by Higher Education Department of J&K from time to time. The admission process for B.A/B.Sc./B.Com 1st /2nd semester usually starts after a span of fortnight after the declaration of result of Hr. Sec Part II by the J & K State Board of School Education. The following rules/regulations govern the admission policy:
- All those candidates who have passed Hr. Sec. Part-II examination of J&K State Board of School Education or any equivalent examination recognized by the University of Kashmir in full are eligible for admission.
- The candidates seeking admission to B.Sc. should have secured a minimum of 45% marks in open category and 40% belonging to reserved category under SRO-126. However, under process category certificates are not entertained.
- Candidates whose result is declared late by J&K Board, other boards including re-evaluation cases etc. are eligible to formalize their admission on provisional basis against a non-refundable admission fee of Rs. 100 on the terms and conditions as per University rules and availability of seats in the college.
- Candidates who have a break in their academic career can be considered for admission under rules set by the Kashmir University.
- Students are advised to go through the prospectus thoroughly before filling the admission form.
- Students are advised to carefully select one subject combination offered and apply for the same. Subject combination once offered shall under no circumstance be changed later on.
- The Principal reserves the right to accept or reject any application form for admission without assigning any reason.
- The candidate has to submit his/her admission form personally in the admission section of the College along with following documents:
- Provisional and Character Certificates (In Original)
- Marks sheet of 12th class (Original + two Photostat copies)
- Date of Birth Certificate/Qualification Certificate of 10th (Two Photostat copies)
- Transfer/Migration Certificate, in case, the candidate has passed the 12th class examination from other than JKBOSE.
- Two passport size photographs.
- The candidates are required to keep original of all the testimonials with them during the admission process.
- The candidate shall be enrolled in the College only after depositing the prescribed fee in full.