The foundation stone of central library, Government Degree College Pattan was laid in the year 2005. It aims to strengthen and enhance the teaching, learning, research and services of the students and faculty members of the college. The library offers plentiful working space, easy access, quite environment and convenient location. The college faculty and the students can access the library for study and group projects, find specific course related information and texts, use online databases; thus study and exchange insights in the library. The Library is designed to cater both the immediate and anticipatory needs of the students and the teachers. The collection is mainly build around the college curricula; however, it also takes care of future needs of the students. The library houses a collection of more than 6000 manuscripts, which include both text and reference books on different courses offered by the college. The Text books are an aid to the subject related concepts helping students to get the comprehensive understanding of the subject, while reference books keep them ready to face any competitive exam at national or international levels. The library staff works collaboratively with the faculty to enhance and enrich the collection related to the course content. The college library also provides access to various open access journals, e-books and repositories through its online portal available on college website. These direct links act as a shortcut to the subject related matter, for correlating the information and navigating the web efficiently and effectively without wasting the time of students and the teachers. The library currently provides the circulation and reference service. Recently, online reference service “Ask a Librarian” has also been started by the library to find and solve the reference queries of the students. This service will also help to get feedback from the students regarding the collection and the services present and needed by them. There is a separate Reading Room for the students and the teachers to facilitate independent-reading in the students and help teachers to prepare for class lectures and spend time with research. The library is also subscribing to local and national newspapers. The library strongly supports the independent learning, resources for research and professional development of both the faculty and the students. Also, the library is actively engaged in achieving the technical processes and automation of library collection. Deway Decimal Classification (DDC) is being used for classification purpose. The library maintains MARC records of the collection. For this purpose, library employs J-ISIS suite.
The college library aims to provide following services in future:
- Automation of library using SOUL software.
- Reprographic service.
- Development of e-Resource Center.
- Subscription to e-resources.
- Current Awareness Service.
- Fully Developed Reference Service.
- Referral Service.
- To provide student-centered educational atmosphere that facilitates smooth information exchange.
- Develop the library into the information service centre.
- To develop and maintain collections in support of the academic pursuits of the college.
- Develop a fully automated library
- Computerization and networking of the library
- Provide access to scholarly, peer-reviewed electronic resources.
- To provide well-equipped and functional physical spaces where students can pursue learning independently beyond the classroom.
- Provide advanced services combat with modern technologies to deliver information sources and services conveniently to users.
- Aiming for career orientation of the students to aid them to direct their professional career
MESSAGE FROM LIBRARIAN:
Library is just not a book-housing place, but a treasure of knowledge and an important juncture for information exchange and flow.
I welcome you to the library’s online portal. While the collegelibrary is still in its infancy, still we have managed to maintain a well up-to-date and germane collection and intend to continue the same in future. We aim to develop a collection that acts as an excellent resource and supports the firm understanding of all the subjects taught in the college. The library is on the goal of achieving a well networked form so that it can be developed into the knowledge and Information hub in letter and spirit. The library staff has been working hard to achieve the technical processes related to books, maintain bibliographic records and index the whole collection. The library has also started its journey towards automation. In future, the library intends to deliver collection and services electronically. To meet the goals and objectives of the college, the library is dedicated to achieve an environment to convert today’s students into tomorrow’s responsible citizens.
Nowsheeba Ashraf Asmi
|S.No.||Nature of Posts||Number|
|S.No||Name / Mobile/Email ID||Designation||Qualification||Specialization||Experience||Photograph||CV|
|1.||Nowsheeba Ashraf Asmiasmi.email@example.com||Librarian||PhD||Library and Information Science||6 Months|
|2.||Imtiyaz Ahmad Dar9419538741||Library Assistant||Traditional and Technical services of Library||26 Years|
|3.||Ghulam Mohammad Sheikh
|Library Bearer||Traditional and Technical services of Library||17 years|
- The students will be issued 03 books at a time for a period of 15 days (excluding Sundays and Holidays), after which the borrower may be liable for a fine of Rs. 1/ day.
- In case of teachers, the maximum of 06 books can be issued for a period of 30 days, after which he/she may be liable for a fine of Rs. 2/ day.
- In case of non-teaching staff, the maximum of 04 books can be issued for a period of 20 days, after which he/she will be liable for a fine of Rs. 2/ day.
- The students can keep a book on reserve or may renew it. The reserve request should reach the library at least02 days prior and renewal is subject to the availability of the book and the reserve-request received. The renewal can however, be extended to only 05 days in case of students and 15 days in case of the teachers.
- Any minor damage to a book (like writing, overwriting, highlighting, dog erring, etc) may make a user liable for of Rs. 10.
- If the books are lost, or damaged to the extent that it is not fit for use anymore, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the college librarian.
This section has Encyclopedia, dictionaries, Textbooks Reference books etc. which are only available for reference. User can make use of these resources only inside the library premises.
No Demand Certificate (NDC)
Each staff member/ student shall obtain No Demand Certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- Silence to be maintained in the llibderary.
- Using mobile phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
- University staff and students may make recommendations for the purchase of library materials.
- The library will accept gifts of material provided they fall within current collection priorities. Acceptance of major donations must be approved by the college principal. Materials are accepted on the clear understanding that the library has control over what is kept and what is discarded, and where items will be located. Only items which will enhance the collection are added.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY
- The supplier shortlisted for supply of books has to:
- Supply books on the maximum discount on print rates which will be all inclusive.
- Enclose firm’s valid registration certificate.
- Indicate PAN No. of the firm/publishing house.
- Submit a security deposit for Rs.10,000/ (Rupees ten thousands only) by way of demand draft (DD)in favour of the Principal, Degree College Pattan, which will be returned immediately after satisfactory supply of books.
- The books ordered should reach the library within 03 weeks commencing from the day of receipt of the supply order.
- Payment will be made only after inspection and checking against order placed. Any publication rejected by the college authority should be removed within 15 days by the vendors/suppliers at their own risk, after which no responsibility will be accepted by the college.
- If the supply is not received within the stipulated time, the institute reserves the right to cancel either the entire or partial orderthereof. And forfeit the security deposit without any further notice/reminder/information.
- No foreign edition must be supplied except in case where the Indian edition/reprint/low price edition has already been published.
- The lowest-priced edition/paperback shall only be supplied.
- Each invoice should certify that:
- The prices charged in this invoice are the actual and current publisher’s price as billed to us and are true and correct. The latest editions have been supplied and they are not remainder titles. The books supplied against this order have been checked against defects in collation, binding and other physical condition and if any defects are detected later, the defective books would be replaced to us free of cost and, Price charged as per publisher’s invoice (Publishers/Importers/Distributors) and latest catalogue.
- The vendor’s registration may be terminated/dropped/black-listed from the list of registered suppliers in case:
- The vendor fails to supply order within stipulated time.
- The vendor provides any wrong or distorted information to the library.
- Breach of any terms of the agreement or unsatisfactory or inefficient working on the part of the supplier, the authority will be at liberty to cancel the contract without giving any notice.
|Search Engines||Open Access Journals Search Engine||http://www.kkhsou.in/library/oajse/|
|Directory of Open Access Journals||https://doaj.org/|
|Open Content on JSTOR||https://www.jstor.org/open/|
|The Universal Digital Library||http://www.ulib.org/|
|Massive Open Online Courses||http://mooc.org/|
|Virtual Library/ Subject Gateway/
|Hathi Trust digital library||https://www.hathitrust.org/|
|National Digital Library of India||https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|Free Video Lecture||https://freevideolectures.com/|
|Open Educational Resources||https://www.oercommons.org/|
Nowsheeba Ashraf Asmi