DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
The Department of Computer Applications was established in the year 2005, with the inception of the college. The subject of Computer Applications was introduced by the affiliating university as one of the core subjects in various course combinations of Arts & Science streams. The Department has a well-equipped laboratory for practical work. The faculty comprises of dedicated professionals holding experience and expertise. The Department has necessary infrastructure to teach the course and ideal ambiance for teaching-learning process. To meet the growing demand of generating professionally trained graduates with IT skill set , the college started one skill oriented and value added three-year (Six Semester) full-time undergraduate degree course programme viz., Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (B.Sc.IT) which got affiliation from an affiliating University during the academic session 2018.
The department is disseminating computer education at under-graduate level that caters to the needs of about 320 students who have opted for this subject. The department acts as a backbone by providing IT enabled support and services to the college. Our endeavor is to impart quality education to the students and to produce skilled professionals who will be more self-employable, empowered and having increased job opportunities. The performance of the department has been satisfactory. The pass percentage is more than 70 % as concerned faculty teaches with zeal and dedication and have got ample amount of experience and expertise. Besides, the faculty members are highly competent and always ready to guide the students. The department follows a process of teaching that urges the teachers to deliver and evaluate with impartiality, zeal and dedication.
The concerned teacher frames lecture plan before the commencement of the semester classwork, the copy of which is submitted with the IQAC. The academic monitoring committee of the college ensures that the classes are conducted as per the submitted lecture plan by the concerned teacher in letter and spirit. Based on the outcomes, the learners grasp goal-setting, problem solving skills and decision making ability.
To contribute to the society by providing knowledge based education utilizing the potential of computer science and IT.
To provide quality education in both theoretical and applied foundations of computer science and make the learners employable and ready to meet the challenges of ever-changing and competitive IT environment
Message from the HoD
It gives me immense pleasure to pen down few lines. The department is disseminating computer education at under-graduate level since 2005 and has a well-equipped lab that caters to the needs of about 270 students who have opted for this subject. The department acts as a backbone by providing IT enabled support and services to the college. Our endeavor is to impart quality education to the students and to produce skilled professionals who will be more self-employable, empowered and having increased job opportunities. The performance of the department has been satisfactory. The pass percentage is more than 65 % as concerned faculty teaches with zeal and dedication and have got ample amount of experience and expertise. Besides, the faculty members are highly competent and always ready to guide the students. I congratulate my team of faculty, other staff members and students for their constant efforts. I wish all the students and faculty a great academic career.
Dr Mohammad Yaseen Pir
|Programme Outcome||Learners will establish themselves as technically proficient human resource and enable them to solve real world problems using the knowledge of computer science. It will also develop the sense of team work, critical thinking and problem solving skills among the learners and makes them employable in the area of computer science and IT.|
|Programme Specific Outcome||
|Fundamentals of Computers/IT||
|MS-Office||Introduces learners with word processing, worksheets, presentation graphics and basics of RDBMS.|
|Programming with C/C++||
|Data Communication & Computer Networks||
|Fundamentals of Electronics||
|Open Source Tools & Technologies||
|Computer Organization & Architecture||
|System Analysis & Design||
Attainment of Programme outcome, programme specific outcome, and course outcome
The accomplishment of operative program outcomes, program specific outcomes and course outcomes becomes essential for the productive running of any educational institution. The course outcomes helps the various stakeholders to cope the resources effectively to the extreme amount. The department lists the expectations under the Program Outcomes. The learners are expected to acquire skills to design solutions for problems with suitable consideration for the societal, cultural and environmental welfare.
To ensure the same, the institution follows the system of evaluation based on four criterion: Academic
Performance, Attendance, Behaviour in the campus and class room and Extra-curricular activities.
The program outcomes and program specific outcomes are evaluated by conducting class test after the culmination of each unit and arranging surprise tests and asking spontaneous questions during the lecture. The teacher compiles the marks of assessments of practical examination at the end of each semester. The teacher ensures that the awards of the practical examinations prepared are uploaded on the web portal of the affiliating University by the concerned DEO of the college. The two copies of signed awards are prepared: one for the examination cell of the college and another for the department.
The department follows a process of teaching that urges the teachers to deliver and evaluate with impartiality, zeal and dedication.
The concerned teacher frames lecture plan before the commencement of the semester class work, the copy of which is submitted with the IQAC. The academic monitoring committee of the college ensures that the classes are conducted as per the submitted lecture plan by the concerned teacher in letter and spirit.
Based on the outcomes, the learners grasp goal-setting, problem solving skills and decision making ability.
PROFILE OF THE FACULTY MEMBERS:
|S.No||Name / Mobile/Email ID||Designation||Qualification||Specialization||Teaching Experience||Photograph||CV attached|
|1.||Dr. Mohammad Yasin Pir
|Assistant Professor (HOD)||Ph.D, M.C.A||Wavelet Neural Networks||12 Years|
|2.||Dr. Fayaz Ahmad Khan
On Academic Arrangement
|M.Sc. & Ph.D||Software Engineering||4 Years|
|3.||Syed Waseen Alam Shah
syedwaseem.icsc @ gmail.com
On Academic Arrangement
|M.C.A.||Database Systems||10 Years|
Mohammad Yasin Pir (Assistant Professor, Computer Applications)
- Pir, M.Y., and Wani, M.I.(2019). A Hybrid Approach to Gender Classification using Speech Signal. International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJSRSET), 6(1),pp. 1724, ISSN: 2395-1990 | Online ISSN : 2394-4099.
- Pir, M.Y., and Wani, M.I.(2018). A Hybrid Model of Wavelet Transform and Artificial Neural Network for Gender Classification. International Journal of Advance Research in Science and Engineering (IJARSE), 7(4),pp. 2023-2039, ISSN:2319-8354 .
- Pir, M.Y., Shah, F.A., and Asger, M.(2017). Comparative Study of Different Wavelet based Neural Network Models for IIP Growth forecasting using different Yield Spreads. International Journal of Electrical, Electronics & Computer Science Engineering (IJEECSE), 4(6),(Dec.,2017), pp. 5-13, E-ISSN: 2348-2273| P-ISSN :2454-1222.
- Pir, M.Y., Shah, F.A., and Asger, M.(2016).Analyzing on Effect of U.S. Sub-Prime Crises on Five Major Stock Markets of Different Countries Using Hybrid Wavelet and Neural Network Model. International Journal of Computer Science and Technology (IJCST), 7(1), pp. 60-69, ISSN: 0976-8491 (Online) | ISSN: 2229-4333.
- Pir, M.Y., Shah, F.A., and Asger, M. (2015). Analysing the Dependency of Exchange Rate on Crude oil Price with Wavelet Networks: Evidence from India. International Journal of Computer Science Trends and Technology (IJCST), 3(5), pp. 202-209, ISSN: 2347-8578.
- Pir, M.Y., Shah, F.A., and Asger, M. (2014). Using Wavelet Neural Networks to Forecast IIP Growth with Yield Spreads”, IPASJ International Journal of Computer Science (IIJCS), 2(5), pp. 31-36,ISSN: 2321-5992.
- Pir, M.Y., Shah F.A., and Asger, M.(2012). Applications of Wavelet Neural Networks in Financial Time Series Forecasting: A Review. 8th JK Science Congress, University of Kashmir, paper id : CS-07 (Computer Sciences).
- Shah, F.A. and Pir ,M.Y.(2010). An Overview of Wavelet Based Neural Networks. 6th JK Science Congress, University of Kashmir, paper id: CS-15 (Physical Sciences).
- Pir, M.Y., Khan, Q.R. and Asger, M “ General Information Security Concerns in Business Organizations”, 4th J& K Science Congress held at University of Kashmir, Dec., 2008.
· Pir, M.Y. “Current Challenges in Mobile Communication-A General Review”, National Seminar on Current Trends in Mobile Computing (CMTC-08), held at BGSB University, Nov., 2008.
- Participated in One-Week National Level Workshop on “Machine Learning & Mathematical Modelling”, organized by JKIMS in collaboration with Islamic University of Science & Technology, JKIMS(Campus Amar Singh College), Srinagar , November,2018.
- Attended three day J&K Women Science Congress, sponsored by J&K State Science Technology and Innovation Council, DST, J&K at Govt. College for Women, M.A.Road (Cluster University, Srinagar), 2729th March 2018.
- Attended four week “General Orientation Course” organized by UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Kashmir, May-June, 2015.
- Attended three week Special Winter School “Refresher Course(ID)” organized by UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Kashmir, February-2014.
- Attended one week short term course on “Research Methodology in Sciences (Using Statistical Softwares)” for Research Scholars organized by UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Kashmir, August-2012.
- Attended on day workshop on “Next Generation Networks”, Organised by National Institute of Technology, Srinagar, 26th May,2012.
- Participated in two day “IEEE International Conference 2010 ” organized by Thapar University , Patiala on 19-20th February 2010.
- Participated in two week AICTE sponsored “Staff Development Programme” organized by Department of Computer Sciences, BGSB University, June 2009.
- Participated in “General Orientation Course” organized by Academic Staff College, University of Kashmir,July 2008.
Head of the Department
DETAIL OF COURSE OFFERING for B.A./B.Sc.
|S.No.||Title of the Course||Semester||Core Course/ Skill Enhancement Course||Link to the Syllabus|
|1.||Computer Applications -I||I||Core||View Syllabus|
|2.||Computer Applications -II||II||Core||View Syllabus|
|3.||Programming Fundamentals using C/C++||III||Core||View Syllabus|
|4.||Data Structures||IV||Core||View Syllabus|
|5.||Database Management System||V||Core||View Syllabus|
|6.||Computer Networks||VI||Core||View Syllabus|
|S.No.||Title of the Course||Semester||Core Course/ Skill Enhancement Course||Link to the Syllabus|
|1.||1. Basics of Information Technology
2. Introduction to Open Source Tools & Technologies.
3. Applied Mathematics-I
|2.||1. Programming in C
2. Introduction to Electronics.
3. Applied Mathematics-II
|3.||1. Object Oriented Programming through C++
2. Computer Organization & Architecture
3. Data communication
|4.||1. Data Structures through C/C++
2. Database Management Systems
|Management Information System||SEC-II||https://egov.uok.edu.in/courseinfo/syllabus/syllabusArchive/6435.PDF|
|5.||1. DSE-1 A
2. DSE-2 A
3. DSE-3 A
|6.||1. DSE-1 B
2. DSE-2 B
3. DSE-3 B
|Wireless & Mobile Communications||SEC-IV||https://egov.uok.edu.in/courseinfo/syllabus/syllabusArchive/7029.PDF|
DETAIL OF LAB EQUIPMENT’s
|S.No.||Equipment Name||Brief Specifications||Quantity|
|1.||HP-PC All in One||Intel (R) Core (TM) i-3-6100 CPU @3.70 GHz , 4GB RAM||06|
|2.||Lenovo PC All in One , Core i-3||Intel (R) Core (TM) i-3-3220 CPU @3.30 GHz , 4GB RAM||07|
|3.||HP-18 All in One||AMD E1-1500 APU
with Radeon (TM) HD Graphics, 1.48 GHz , 4GB RAM
|4.||Dell All in One||Intel (R) Core (TM) i-3-6100 CPU @3.70 GHz||02|
|5.||ASUS All in One||Core i3-7th Gen 7020U||10|
|5.||Hp Laptop||Intel (R) Core (TM) i-3-6006 U CPU @2.00 GHz , 4GB RAM||02|
|6.||Hp Laptop||Intel (R) Core (TM) i-5 CPU @2.50 GHz , 2GB RAM||01|
|7.||Sony XGA||Resolution (1024 x 768) , 3200 lumen||01|
|8.||Printer||HP Laserjet 1020 Plus||02|
|9.||Scanner||HP Deskjet 1050 3 in 1||01|
|12.||Voltage Stablizer||10 KVA||01|
STUDENT ENROLLEMENT Last 5-Years:
|S.No.||Semester/Year||Batch||Total No. of Students Appeared||No. of Students Passed||Pass Percentage|
|S.No||Name of the Student||Current Status of the Student|
|1.||Waseem Ahmad Hajam||Pursuing M.Sc. Mathematics|
|2.||Khushboo Hassan||Pursuing M.Sc. Mathematics|
|3.||Tanveer Ahmad Bhat||Pursuing M.Sc. Botany|
|4.||Mohammad Asif Wani||Pursuing M.Sc. Mathematics|
|5.||Qurat ul Aeen||Pursuing M.Sc. Chemistry|